Cyfra+ Unveils Polish Channel Line-up
Cyfra+ has unveiled its new channel line-up in Poland. The “new” Cyfra+ (called Nowa Cyfra+ in Polish) is a combination between the old Cyfra+ and UPC’s satellite platforms. It is gearing up for program launch on March 1.
Cyfra+ will offer over 40 television and radio channels, including over 36 in Polish. The new channel line-up is a result of recent customer surveys of both Cyfra+ and Wizja TV subscribers.
Viewers will also have a choice of two premium packages – HBO and Canal+ Multiplex – for the first time. The inclusion of HBO is significant here as it was the rival premium package to Cyfra+ in the old competitive environment. There was a distinct possibility that it would not be included in the new platform, although Cyfra+ COO Jacob Brzeczkowski had indicated to Interspace that it would be included.
There are some notable programming absentees. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Turner’s Movie Channel (TMC) are not included in the new line-up. Programme maker Zonevision is particular hard hit with three of its channels – E! Entertainment, Romantica and film channel Le Cinema – not making the new line-up. Two music channels previously carried by Wizja, Atomic TV and BET on Jazz, also failed to make the team.
Overall, subscribers will have a choice of four proposed packages: white, sliver, gold and platinum. Subscribers can also get Internet access through their TV for the first time in Poland. To win over subscribers in the early stages, Cyfra+ will offer new subscribers access to additional channels of new programming for the price of the old programming line-up for the first two months.
In January, Cyfra+ chose Eutelsat to be the satellite operator for its merged platform. In April it will begin repositioning the dishes of the Wizja TV subscribers.
NOWA CYFRA+ Channel Line-Up Offer
- CANAL+ MULTIPLEX (CANAL+, CANAL+ Z”LTY, CANAL+ NIEBIESKI)
- HALLMARK, ALE KINO! – cinema
- DISCOVERY CHANNEL, PLANETE, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC – documentary
- EUROSPORT, EUROSPORT NEWS, EXTREME, F1 (on 7 channels) – sport
- MINIMAX, FOX KIDS – children
- MTV, VH1, MULTIMUSIC (35 audio programmes) – music
- REALITY TV, CLUB, AVANTE, FASHION TV – entertainment
- TVN 24, CNN, CNBC, BBC WORLD – news
- TV5 – general
- TVP1, TVP2, TV POLONIA
- TVN, TVN SIEDEM
- TV PULS
- PR1, PR2, PR3, PR BIS
- RMF FM
- TOK FM
- RADIO ZET
- RADIO FLASH
- RADIO JAZZ
- F1 (on 7 channels)
- CYFRA+ GRY (“Loner,” “Figures,” “Patience,” “Gravitation,” “Buttons”)
- MAGAZYN+ (Interactive Magazine of Subscribers)
- CYFRA+ INFO
- CYFRA+ POGODA (Interactive Weather Forecast)
- WIRTUALNA POLSKA (first Internet service on television in Poland)