Satellite Deals Of The Day
- DigitalGlobe inked a deal making Merrick Advanced Photogrammetry of the Americas S. de R.L. de C.V. an authorized reseller of QuickBird high-resolution satellite imagery in Mexico. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Ball Aerospace & Technology Corp. was selected by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration‘s Goddard Space Flight Center to complete the first phase of a study to develop a satellite bus designed for the global precipitation measurement mission. No numbers were discussed.
- Globecomm Systems Inc. [GCM] won two U.S. government satellite infrastructure contracts, valued in total at approximately $5.9 million. Specific terms, including the customer and the type of infrastructure sold, were not released.
- The U.S. Department of Defense awarded $3.2 million in contracts to Norsat International Inc. [NSATF] for Norsat’s portable satellite terminals to be delivered during the next two months. The terminals are used to disseminate – via satellite– video, photos, print stories and interviews gathered by military journalists to media organizations via satellite.
- SES Astra teamed with 1-2-3.TV GmbH to offer a new home-shopping channel that will be available throughout Europe via ASTRA 19.2 degrees East starting in October. And it’s an auction situation. Consumers decide the price of each product by making an offer for each item by telephone. The highest offer for the items being presented wins.