BlackSky Technologies Q1 2022
June 28, 2022
In Q1 2022, satellite imagery and data provider BlackSky Technologies reported:
- Revenue of $13.9 million in the first quarter, up 91% from the prior year period.
- Net loss was $20 million.
- Imagery and software analytical services revenue was $9.8 million, up 63% from the same time last year, driven by increased demand from new and existing government contracts, and representing ~70% of total revenues.
- $4.1 million in engineering and integration services revenue, a 218% increase from the same period last year.
- Operating expenses for the first quarter of 2022 were $30.1 million, up $10 million over the first quarter of 2021.
- BlackSky’s cash balance at the end of March 2022 was $138.4 million.
- BlackSky is one of a wave of space companies that recently went public through a SPAC merger.