Rocket Lab Q1 2022
June 28, 2022
In Q1 2022, launch service provider and manufacturer Rocket Lab reported:
- A net loss of $26.7 million during the quarter.
- Revenue of $40.7 million, up from $18 million in the same time last year – more than doubling YoY.
- Its Space Systems division contributed 84% of the revenue, representing year-on-year growth for Space Systems of 1,873%.
- Operating expenses were $36.6 million.
- Rocket Lab received its largest single largest contract to date during the quarter — a $143 million contract with MDA to design and build 17 spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
- The company’s second quarter guidance projects revenue between $51 and $54 million — $19 million for launch services, and between $32 to $35 million for Space Systems.