Via Satellite Webinars
- Upcoming Webinars – Register Now
- Past Webinars – Available On Demand
- How Does It Work?
- What Equipment Do I Need?
UPCOMING WEBINAR: Breaking Down the Satellite Silo
Join Via Satellite and iDirect in this informative session to see how these advances enable satellite networks to be more easily integrated into the end-to-end network at the access and management layers. And with that, allow carriers to expand their services.
ON-DEMAND: Making the End-to-End Communications Network a Reality
Join this webinar during which Eric Watko, Vice President, Technology Initiatives, iDirect, defines the objectives that will help move satellite’s role in the end-to-end communications network past the discussion phase and into action. [Read More]
How Does a Webinar Work?
The audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You need Real Player or Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware needed – a dial-up connection will work fine.
For the audio connection:
- A computer with Real Player or Windows Media Player installed. When you log into the Virtual Seminar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you’re missing any software.
- If you do not have Real Player or Windows Media Player, a touch-tone telephone also will work. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
For the Internet connection:
- PC: 166Mhz Pentium-based PC or better
- Operating system: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP <
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. However, any version of IE 4.0 or higher will work. For Netscape, only versions 4.x are supported at this time.
- Internet connection: 28.8 or faster connection
- Display set at 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or . For content questions regarding the Webinars, contact Janis David +1-301-354-1768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org