VIA SATELLITE AWARDS
Satellite Executive of the Year Award
Satellite Technology of the Year Award
- Nominee will be a single person; a top ranking executive officer of a company or a division within a larger parent company.
- Nominee must represent a company that either sells satellite services or services to satellite companies.
- Nominee must have been in his or her position since at least January 1, 2020 and must not be retired before December 31, 2020.
- Nominees must represent companies that have been in operation for at least six months prior to January 1, 2020 and that are fully funded and operational.
- All nominees will be asked to produce two endorsing statements from representatives of other companies and organizations. These can be technical partners, customers, competitors, journalists, government/military officials, etc.
CRITERIA – Nominee must represent a company that has met at least TWO of the following criteria since January 1, 2020:
- Company can prove that it has generated consistent revenue and profit growth since January 1.
- Company has completed and executed a major technical/innovative project that will have a long-lasting impact on the industry and/or a major end-user market.
- Company has completed and closed a significant merger/acquisition which creates valuable new synergies and/or enables new services.
- Company or executive has been a positive, visible and accomplished industry advocate.
- Company has established a history of success on a long-term order, culminating with a significant development or order completion that took place between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
The honoree is chosen for their durable contributions to the global satellite markets, technologies, business practices, services, innovations, or any combination of the aforementioned.
If you would like to nominate someone for this honor, please complete the nominating ballot below.
- Each nomination will recognize: a single technology (spacecraft, product, service, etc.); the company that produces that technology; and the person or persons responsible for leading the technology’s development team.
- The technology must have been publicly released and operationally launched (technology is actively in service, or has completed its service mission) between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. To summarize – the technology cannot be in development or conceptual stages.
- The technology must be legally patented, and free of any legal IP dispute.
- The companies of all nominated technology will be asked to produce two endorsing statements from representatives of other companies and organizations. These can be technical partners, customers, competitors, journalists, government/military officials, etc.
CRITERIA – Nominated technology must meet at least TWO of the following criteria:
- Nominees can clearly show that the new technology meets a significant market demand, and has been well-received by the market.
- Technology creates clear, significant cost-savings or technical efficiencies (including physical design elements) that were previously unavailable.
- Technology has clearly benefited the producing company and/or vastly outperforms competing or similar products or services.
- Technology is responsible for improving quality of life, or has been responsible for saving lives.
- Technology is disruptive – its production and/or operation changes the way we think about certain processes, industries, or services; or it represents a breakthrough in scientific research/space exploration.
Via Satellite is dedicated to recognizing the technology breakthrough that has reshaped the way the satellite and connectivity industry works now and for years to come. What we really hope is that you’ll nominate a technology that you know is having a profound impact on the industry.
If you would like to nominate a technology for this honor, please complete the nominating ballot below.