Via Satellite Announces 2013 Excellence Awards Winners
Via Satellite’s 2013 Excellence Awards salutes the innovative companies, technologies, campaigns and people who’ve helped shape the success of the global satellite industry. Talented professionals and dynamic technologies are what support the industry’s growth and stature. Our esteemed panel of judges has conferred and has chosen the best in the industry.
Our 2013 Excellence Award recipients are (in no particular order):
- Humanitarian Satellite Company: On Call Communications Inc.
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr. Ali Ebadi, MEASAT
- Social Media Company of the Year: iDirect
- Vertical Impact – Broadcast: ViaSat
- Vertical Impact – Maritime/IFC: Harris CapRock
- Vertical Impact – O&G: Hermes Datacomms
- Vertical Impact – Military: SatCom Direct
- Woman in Technology: Dr. Aimee Chan, Norsat
- Technology Company of the Year: iDirect
- Young Engineer of the Year: Colin Marker, Boeing Satellite Systems
We believe our 2013 Excellence Award Recipients are the most outstanding people and technologies in satellite and set a benchmark for what can be accomplished in this storied marketplace.
Join us on the morning of March 13 at SATELLITE 2014 for Via Satellite’s 2013 Excellence Awards Winners Breakfast to showcase these remarkable members of the Satellite industry. Individual seats and tables are now being reserved. Call Janis Davis (301) 354-1768 to reserve a seat.