Hughes WAN Solution That Uses AI Now Commercially Available
Hughes Network Systems announced Tuesday its Artificial Intelligence (AI) for IT operations (AIOps) solution for enterprise Wide Area Networks (WANs) is commercially available. The solution is integrated into the company’s HughesON Managed Network Services, and is already in use across more than 32,000 managed sites.
Hughes said the technology automatically predicts and preempts undesirable network behavior, claiming this prevents service-disrupting symptoms in 70% of cases. Hughes also says it is the first managed services provider to deliver a self-healing WAN edge capability to enterprise customers.
“The Hughes AIOps innovation targets WAN edge systems, such as routers, SD-WAN devices and firewalls, because a failure in those systems can be catastrophic for a site and cost hours of network downtime,” said Dan Rasmussen, senior vice president, Hughes. “We estimate that the 70% success rate for autonomous correction across the sites under our management has saved approximately 1,750 hours of network downtime in the first seven months of use. In the other 30% of cases, the system provided early diagnoses of potential hardware failure or chronic site issues so they could be addressed preemptively.”