Nominations for open for the Satellite Technology of the Year 2021
- Each nomination will recognize: a single technology (spacecraft, product, service, etc.); the company that produces that technology; and the person or persons responsible for leading the technology’s development team.
- The technology must have been publicly released and operationally launched (technology is actively in service, or has completed its service mission) between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. To summarize – the technology cannot be in development or conceptual stages.
- The technology must be legally patented, and free of any legal IP dispute.
- The companies of all nominated technology will be asked to produce two endorsing statements from representatives of other companies and organizations. These can be technical partners, customers, competitors, journalists, government/military officials, etc.
CRITERIA – Nominated technology must meet at least TWO of the following criteria:
- Nominees can clearly show that the new technology meets a significant market demand, and has been well-received by the market.
- Technology creates clear, significant cost-savings or technical efficiencies (including physical design elements) that were previously unavailable.
- Technology has clearly benefited the producing company and/or vastly outperforms competing or similar products or services.
- Technology is responsible for improving quality of life, or has been responsible for saving lives.
- Technology is disruptive – its production and/or operation changes the way we think about certain processes, industries, or services; or it represents a breakthrough in scientific research/space exploration.
Via Satellite is dedicated to recognizing the technology breakthrough that has reshaped the way the satellite and connectivity industry works now and for years to come. What we really hope is that you’ll nominate a technology that you know is having a profound impact on the industry.
If you would like to nominate a technology for this honor, please complete the nominating ballot below.