A Via Satellite Webinar
Now Available on Demand - Registration Required
Latin America is one of the hottest markets for satellite communications right now. The dynamics for satellite are strong with some huge potential markets for satellite such as Mexico and Brazil. There is low pay-TV and broadband penetration, and satellite companies have a definite opportunity to play a role in bringing modern communications services across the region. Also, many governments in the region are looking to satellite to reduce the digital divide and bring quality services to rural communities across the region. In this exclusive webinar, we bring you speakers from inside one of satellite’s hottest market’s to tell you what is really happening.
Join Via Satellite in this webinar to find out how satellite is really making a difference across the region to help you build a better business plan and maximize profits!
Get your questions answered and find out the answers to key questions facing companies trying to monetize these compelling and diverse landscapes.
- Find out about satellite capacity demands in the region, and how big projects involving satellite are progressing.
- Get the inside track on huge potential growth markets such as Mexico with key speakers from these markets.
- Learn how satellite fits in with other communications technologies such as fiber and wireless, and the overall dynamics for communications in the region.
- Examine the needs of telcos in the region and how satellite fits into their strategy.
Planning and Technological Development Director, Pegaso Banda Ancha
Eugenio Gamboa has been Planning and Technological Development Director for Pegaso Banda Ancha since 2007. In this capacity, Gamboa focuses on projects and operations in telecommunications and media business activities with responsibilities for technology, strategic planning and operational matters, including satellite migration of a teleport plus 16,000 satellite terminals.
Senior Vice President, Data Products, Global Crossing
With close to 15 years working with Global Crossing, Pablo Yañez serves as vice president of Switched Data Products for Latin America and the Caribbean. In his current role, his responsibilities include product and business development with P&L ownership within the region, support sales and pricing process and operation of Network Management services. Based out of Buenos Aires, Argentina he oversees a team of 86 professionals located in seven countries.
Associate Editor, Via Satellite Magazine
Mark Holmes is associate editor of Via Satellite and Satellite News, two industry leading titles in the satellite sector. Mark has been at Access Intelligence over eleven years, working on a variety of titles in telecoms, broadband, digital TV and satellite. Mark has been with AI’s Satellite Group for over four years. As well as writing across the Satellite Group’s broad range of products, Mark has also secured a number of top speakers for the annual Satellite event in Washington, as well as put together numerous PPV webinars over the last 2-3 years.
The live audio is delivered to your location over the telephone or your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out before the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
You need Real Player or Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware needed - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
Use speakers on your computer or speakerphone on your telephone and invite your entire staff to attend for one low price of 299 USD per site. Package options are available if you register for multiple webinars.
See registration for details.
For the audio connection:
- A computer with Real Player 10, Adobe Flash Player 9 or Windows Media Player 9 installed. When you log into the webinar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- If you do not have Real Player, Adobe Flash Player or Windows, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
For the Internet connection:
- PC: 166Mhz Pentium-based PC or better
- Operating system: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS X, Linux (Windows 98/NT/ME will most likely work but are not officially supported)
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. Mac OS X must be used in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player. Most versions of Linux OS will work in combination w/ a supported Firefox browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Internet connection: 56k Dial-up Modem (minimum requirement). Some presentations will require a higher bandwidth connection such as Cable Modem or DSL.
- Display set at 1024 x 768
- Mac users are encouraged to use Firefox 2.0 (or later) with and Adobe Flash Player or Real Player to view the webcast. You can also test your system using the system test button in menu on the left hand side.
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 9 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using RealPlayer, Version 10 or later is required.
Download a supported RealPlayer
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here. For content questions regarding the Webinar, contact Mark Holmes at email@example.com.